CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Department of Didactics of Language and Literature of the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU), with the participation of the Faculty of Education of Bilbao, is organising the XXth International Congress of the Spanish Society of Didactics of Language and Literature, with the title Teaching Language and Literature in Plurilingual Contexts.
As teachers and researchers we feel the urgent need to adapt our work in the field of language and literature teaching to heterogeneous and changing societies that harbour increasingly diverse and plurilingual cultural and linguistic realities.
Languages are an essential element of the socio-cultural identity of individuals and peoples, they are the signs of collective identity, and they constitute the social and cultural reality. Today, many languages coexist in our context, in addition to the official languages of each territory. The current challenge is therefore to create new ways of dealing with linguistic and cultural differences, accommodating all languages and cultures as essential values. Cultural, linguistic and literary diversity makes humanity develop strategies to live in groups and to adapt over time to different environments and spaces. In a classroom where different languages and cultures coexist, new ways of teaching must be proposed where differences are accepted and used as mutual enrichment.
In this context, a respectful attitude is not enough: it is necessary to develop pedagogical techniques based on the selection and preparation of specific materials, to work on the affective and emotional aspect of the students and to promote the realization of cooperative activitieswith innovative methodologies and resources. It is not necessary for teachers to know the different cultures they have in the classroom (customs, parties, music, dance, games…), but they must be intercultural mediators who help students to bring their language, culture and literary tradition into the classroom. Finally, the theoretical approach to language acquisition must switch from a bilingual context to a plurilingual one.
· Researchers in the field of language and literature teaching.
· Researchers in the field of plurilingualism.
· Language and literature teachers of all levels of education.
· Agents who carry out tasks related to the management of education, literature and plurilingualism.
· To present the results of recent research in the field of language and literature teaching.
· To present the results of recent research in the field of plurilingualism.
· To share research and teaching experiences related to the field of plurilingualism.
· To work and reflect on the challenges inherent to education and teaching in plurilingual contexts.
HOW TO SUBMIT PROPOSALS
· Proposals for contributions may be submitted in Basque, Galician, Catalan, English, Portuguese or Spanish.
· Applicants must indicate the presentation mode: face-to-face presentation, online presentation or poster.
· Proposals will be submitted via online form on the congress website.
· The deadline for submitting proposals is 30 June 2019, and the organising committee will notify the result before 31 July.
· Society, culture and communication
· Plurilingualism and multiculturalism
· Socio-cultural diversity and language education
· Intercultural and Intracultural Communicative Competence
· Ethnography in the classroom
· Inclusive school
· Intercultural dialogues
· “Learning to know”,” learning to do” and “learning to be”
· Intercultural literacy
· Impact of the ICT on the plurilingual and intercultural competence
· Inclusive school and plurilingual competence
· Intercultural competence in foreign language teaching and learning
· Immigrant students and linguistic models
· Educational innovation and curriculum development Curricular innovation
· Digital domain: digital age and cyberspace
· ICT and language and literature teaching
· Convergence of Language and Literature Teaching and Specific Didactics
· Contributions from other areas of Education Sciences and other Social Sciences
· Second Language Teaching and Learning: strategies and procedures
· Applied linguistics in Language Teaching
· Oral and written skills
· Second and foreign language teaching for immigrants
· Language teaching and learning in plurilingual settings
· Language acquisition and learning
· Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language
· Affectivity and existential competence
· Trends in Applied Linguistics
· Cognition and emotion
· Educational Psychology
· Affective domain in communicative approaches
· Written composition
· Oral composition
· Development of oral production and related teaching methods
· Development of written production and related teaching methods
· Linguistic knowledge teaching
· L1 and L2 teaching: historical view and future perspective
· Reader education and new spaces
· Argumentative skills
· Listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
· Orality and literacy
· Genre and language
· Language and social semiotics
· Text linguistics and discourse analysis
· Communication processes
· Writing systems and new perspectives
· Pedagogy of knowledge
· Education, writing and power
· Games in the development of oral and written language
· Children’s and youth literature
· Gender pedagogy
· Literary studies and Comparative literature
· Literature competence and text corpus
· Aesthetics, criticism and reception
· Readings and conversations
· Transversality across artistic and literary practice
· Learning at the cyberspace
· Child’s language development and its didactic aspect
· Multimodal language
· Resources and materials for language analysis
· Corpus linguistics and discourse analysis: applications in the educational field
· Curricular approaches and perspectives
· Evaluation from an innovative perspective
· Active and participative methodologies
· Problem Based Learning (PBL)
· Educational methodologies and learning theories
· Project Based Learning
· Cooperative learning
· Case Method
· Learning contract
Forms of participation:
1. FACE-TO-FACE PRESENTATIONS
2. ONLINE PRESENTATIONS
15 minutes. A forum will be opened for questions and discussion.
45-minute sessions of poster exposition during which the authors must be present to inform the visitors.
Proposals (presentations and posters) will be submitted through the corresponding online form on the conference website.
June 30 19 July, 2019: submission deadline.
July 31, 2019: deadline for notification of accepted proposals/notification of.
September 16, 2019: deadline for early bird registration.
October 16, 2019: deadline for standard fee registration.
October 30, 2019: deadline for online presentations.
November 27-29, 2019: conference dates.
The organizing committee notifies that, on the one hand, the proceedings of the congress will be published and, on the other hand, a selection of works will be published in a collective volume after the corresponding review process. Details will be specified next to the notification of acceptance in the congress.